New Australian Regulations on Psychosocial Hazards
SafeWork Australia has published in 2022 its finalized national model Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Code of Practice for managing psychosocial hazards at work.
The code follows changes to the Model WHS Regulations which impose an obligation on PCBUs (persons conducting a business or undertaking) to monitor, eliminate or reduce as is practicable hazards to psychological health and safety in the workplace. Several states, including NSW, Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania, have published their own respective codes of practice. Victoria amended its WHS laws to impose a similar duty on PCBUs regarding psychosocial hazards.
In our training, we covered the following:
1. Psychosocial hazards definition
2. Your obligations as employer - overview
3. Suggestions for first steps
4. A strategic approach to Employee Health, Safety and Wellbeing
5. How we can help
6. What other organisations have done